In consideration of participating in the Maine Hosting Solutions Affiliate Web Hosting Program, YOU agree to the following terms and conditions. Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in the termination of your account and forfeiture of any affiliate funds held on our part.
By participating in Affiliate Web Hosting. (the “Affiliate Program”), You agree with the supplemental Program terms and conditions set forth below, established by Maine Hosting Solutions (“MaineHost.com”). Capitalized terms used but not defined below have the same meanings as set forth in the Maine Hosting Solutions Web Hosting Terms and Conditions.
- Under no circumstances shall You send commercial electronic mail messages as defined in the new Federal spam law, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 [the “Act”]. For clarification, this does not prohibit You from sending transactional or relationship messages as defined in the Act. Maine Hosting Solutions reserves the right to collect, withhold, or cancel any and all compensation related to the content You send via commercial electronic mail messages.
2. Tracking Tags.
- The tools, products and creative assets (collectively, “Assets”) that are provided to You by Maine Hosting Solutions provide valuable information vital to the success of the Affiliate Program, including information that helps make sure Transactions generated by You are properly attributed to You for Payout calculations. Thus, each of these Assets must be used in their intended manners. You agree that You will not corrupt, modify or disable the tracking functionality provided to You related to the Program.
3. Keywords, Pay Per Click advertising, and domain names involving Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark “MaineHost.com” and variations thereof.
- You shall not purchase search engine keywords or domain names that use Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark “Maine Hosting Solutions” and/or certain variations and mispellings thereof. You shall not purchase or register keywords, Pay Per Click advertising, AdWords, search terms, domain names, or other identifying terms that include the words “Maine Hosting Solutions” or certain variations and mispellings thereof for use in any search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service or other search or referral service. Specifically, this policy prohibits You from:
- Bidding on Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark, “Maine Hosting Solutions”, and any keyword string that includes this term. For example, “MaineHost.com”, “Maine Web Hosting Solutions”, “Maine Hosting”, “Maine Web Hosting”, etc.; and
- Bidding on variations of Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark: for example “Maine Web Hosting”, “MaineHost.com”, www.MaineHost.com”, “Maine Host”, “Web Hosting”, www.MaineHost”, “ww.MaineHost.com”, “Maine-Host.com”, “www,MaineHost.com”, “Maine.Host”, “wwwMaineHost.com”, “mainehost”, etc.
- Purchasing domain names based on Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademarks or variations of Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark: for example “mainehooost.com”, “mainhost.com”, “mainehosted.com”, “mainewebhost.com”, etc.
- Purchasing Pay Per Click advertising containing Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademarks or variations of Maine Hosting Solutions’s trademark: for example “mainehost.com”, “mainehosting.com”, “mainehostingsolutions.com”, “mainehost.net.”, etc.
- If Maine Hosting Solutions determines, in its sole discretion, that You have purchased or attempted to purchase “Maine Hosting Solutions” keywords or domain names, or one of the three cited examples above, then Maine Hosting Solutions may (without limiting any other remedies available to it) pursue any or all of the following actions:
- Withhold all compensation otherwise payable to You beginning with the date on which You purchased the prohibited trademarked terms;
- Remove You from the Maine Hosting Solutions affiliate Program permanently; and/or
- Contact the search engine in which your ad was found to ask that these ads be removed immediately and permanently.
4. Affiliate Payout.
- If Affiliate is an established client with MHS with an outstanding invoice any Affiliate Payout will be applied toward any said outstanding invoices.
- If Affiliate has no outstanding invoices Affiliate Payouts will be added to Client’s Account Credit Balance.
- Credits may be applied to future services.
- As of January 1st, 2014 cash payouts are no longer available.
- Affiliate payouts are sent once an account balance reaches $100.00
* These terms and conditions may change without prior notice