What You Get from cPanel Web Hosting
cPanel software provides hundreds of features to help you easily manage your website, email, databases and online software. cPanel has developed what we believe is the ultimate feature matrix.
cPanel Web Hosting Features
- Domain Management Host either a single domain or multiple domains per accounts. Multi-Domain hosting allows unique domains to be parked on top of the primary domain or pointed to a specific folder.
- Sub-Domain Management Create variations of your primary domain name. Example: store.yourdomain.com, portal.yourdomain.com, blog.yourdomain.com
- POP3/IMAP Accounts Create and manage your own POP3/IMAP email accounts. cPanel & WHM provides the ability to create these accounts.
- Mail Client Configuration When you access an email account through a desktop email application such as Outlook® Express®, the email application will require specific information about your email account. You can use the auto-configure options below to attempt to automatically configure your email application. If the available options are not compatible with your application, you will need to use the Manual Settings information.
- Forwards and Aliases Create forwards and aliases so they are mapped out to another email address, application or external email address.
- Autoresponders Both web site owners and email owners can create and manage auto responders.
- Account Level Filtering Account Level Filters allow you to control granular aspects of your email and apply rules to inbound email.
- BoxTrapper BoxTrapper protects your inbox from spam by requiring all email senders not on your Whitelist reply to a verification email before you can receive your mail.
- Webmail Featuring: Horde, RoundCube, SquirrelMail Webmail allows you to access your email from any computer with an Internet connection and a web browser. Please make sure to log out when checking your email on public computers so that other people cannot read your email.
- Delivery Reports
- Email Delivery Route
- Email Authentication – Featuring: SPF and DKIM Email authentication is the effort to equip messages of the email transport system with enough verifiable information, so that recipients can recognize the nature of each incoming message automatically. Enabling email authentication will help fight the spread of spam. Both of the methods below work to prevent forged mail from going in and out of your server. The great benefit of enabling these methods is to prevent mail from looking like it is coming from your domain(s). When enabled, these methods should reduce the amount of bounce messages or unwanted emails received when spammers “spoof” one or more of your email addresses.
- MX Record An MX (mail exchanger) entry tells a client which server receives mail sent to a domain name. Hosting clients have the ability to control this.
- Mass Email Account creation This feature allows you to use 2 types of files to create multiple email address or email forwarders for your account simultaneously. You may use Excel spreadsheet files (.xls) or comma-separated values sheet, aka CSV file (.csv) to import the data. A CSV file is a plain text file that has been given a .csv extension
- mySQL 5 w/phpMyAdmin Easily create databases, users and control permissions for mySQL Create forwards and aliases so they are mapped out to another email address, application or external email address.
- PostgreSQL w/phpPgAdmin Easily create databases, users and control permissions for PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL Databases allow you to store lots of information in an easy to access manner. The databases themselves are not easily read by humans. PostgreSQL databases are required by many web applications including some bulletin boards, content management systems, and others. To use a database, you’ll need to create it. Only PostgreSQL Users (different than mail or other users) that have privileges to access a database can read from or write to that database.
- Remote mySQL Control You can allow external web servers to access your MySQL databases by adding their domain name to the list of hosts that are able to access databases on your web site.
- Website Stats cPanel Web Hosting Webalizer compiles and analyzes information about your web traffic
- Logaholic Stats This allows you to view how visitros are accessing your site.
- Analog Stats This feature allows you to analyze website traffic.
- Raw Access Logs This feature allows you to see what content has been accessed on your website.
- Bandwidth Stats This feature allows you to see how your bandwidth is being used.
- File Management The File Manager is cPanel’s software built-in web application for managing and manipulating your website’s files from your personal computer.
- FTP FTP accounts allow you to access your website’s files through a protocol called FTP. You will need a third-party FTP program to access your files. You can log into via FTP by entering
- Anonymous FTP Controls You can allow users to connect to your anonymous FTP directory without a password. This may be useful for making files publicly available for download. Please note that allowing anonymous users to access any part of your system may be considered a security hole.
- WebDisk The Web Disk feature is cPanel’s software implementation of the WebDav protocol. This feature allows you to manage files associated with your website. By creating an account and accessing your Web Disk, you can navigate, upload, and download files to and from your web server as though they were part of your personal computer.
- File Manager Access your web hosting account via cPanel & WHM’s® software file manager. This is an online web based file manager.
- Backups Backups allow you to download (to your computer) a zipped copy of either your entire site (including your home directory, databases, email forwarders configuration, and email filters configuration) or one of the previously mentioned parts of your site. These are not automatically scheduled backups. Automatically scheduled backups need to be enabled by the server owner/administrator.
- Disk Space Usage The cPanel® Disk Usage Viewer provides an overview of the disk space that your account is using. It shows disk usage totals for your account’s directories and all of its databases rather than for individual files or databases. Use the File Manager to see disk usage data for individual files, and the MySQL and PostgreSQL main pages to see data for individual databases.
- Custom Errors Pages – 404’s, 401’s, 503’s and moreControl error messages as they are seen by your website visitors
- Perl Module Installer Perl modules are collections of functions that allow you to perform tasks in Perl. You will need to install a Perl module before you can use it inside a Perl program.
- Ruby on Rails with RubyGemsAdds support for Ruby modules
- Python Adds support for custom python
- JSP/Tomcat Adds support for JSP/Tomcat
- Cron Jobs Create and manage scheduled tasks
Password Protect Directories This feature allows you to restrict access to certain parts of your website.
- IP Denial This feature is capable of blocking a single IP address or a range of IP addresses.
- SSL/TLS Management This feature allows you to manage SSL/TLS keys, certificates, and signing requests. These features are intended to make your website more secure.
- SSH/Shell Access These features allow you to connect to your server remotely.
- Hotlink Protection These features allow you to prevent other websites from stealing bandwidth.
- Leech Protection These features allow you to prevent users from sharing passwords publicly.
- GnuPG keys These features allow create and manage GnuPG keys, that use the “public key approach” to encryption.