Service Provisioning and Management
Free Secure File Transfer Protocol ( FTP - SFTP) Clients
FTP SFTP Clients
For security reasons, MHS has switched toSFTP on Port 2900(Secure File Transfer Protocol). The following is a list of SFTP clients that are free for download, for Mac and Windows.
What basics do I need to know when conguring an FTP Client to use SFTP?
- Your domain name
- SFTP/cPanel Username
- Set to SFTP (not FTP)
- Port 2900
- SSH Secure Shell http://computing.sscnet.ucla.edu/public/security/ssh.aspxFree for download hosted by SSC. The SSH Secure Shell for Workstation Windows client does not have any special hardware or software requirements. Any computer capable of running a current version of the Microsoft Windows operating system (Windows 95 (OSR2.1), Windows 98 or 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows NT 4 (with Service Pack 5 or 6 installed), Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 1 or 2 installed), or Windows XP), and equipped with a functional connection to a remote host computer can be used.
- Filezilla ??http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/Free for download. FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows users. Operating System: 32-bit MS Windows (NT/2000/XP), Win2K, WinXP
- CuteFTP Mac Pro http://www.bol.ucla.edu/software/mac/cuteftp/Free for download hosted by Bruin Online. Cute FTP Mac is Tiger (Mac OSX 10.4) ready, has a multi-threaded thin Metal (Cocoa) interface, powerful automation features, and strong security for protecting your FTP sessions. Login and transfer files using Secure Shell 2 (SFTP) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocols.
- CuteFTP Pro http://www.cuteftp.com/cuteftppro/The Windows option for CuteFTP Pro isnot freefor download (you to purchase the software via link above) but it does support many industry standard protocols including FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS and SSH.
- SecureFX http://www.vandyke.com/products/securefx/This is a reliable secure FTP software for windows. SecureFX isnot free.
- CoreFTP http://www.coreftp.com/Fast and reliable SFTP/FTP software. It??s available for free download.
- MacFuse http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/MacFUSEimplements a mechanism that makes it possible to implement a fully functional file system in a user-space program on Mac OS X (10.4 and above).SSHFSis one of the popular plug-ins for MacFuse which connects securely to SSH servers from the Finder.
- MacFusion http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/08/mgorbach/MacFusionWeb/MacFusion is a beta plugin for MacFuse that brings a simple GUI for SSH/(S)FTP connections.
- Fugu http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/Fugu is a graphical frontend to the commandline Secure File Transfer application (SFTP). Fugu is available under a BSD-style license.
- CyberDuck http://cyberduck.ch/Cyberduck is an open source FTP and SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) browser licenced under the GPL with an easy to use interface, integration with external editors and support for many Mac OS X system technologies such as Spotlight, Bonjour, the Keychain and AppleScript.
- Mac OS X's built-in SFTP http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/security/Mac OS X features networking security standards already bundled with the system including OpenSSH. You can access SFTP from the Terminal application (found in /Applications/Utilities). For more information seeApple's security pageor themanual page for SFTP
- WinSCP http://winscp.netWinSCP is a free, open source SCP and SFTP client for Windows.
Was this answer helpful?
Configure SFTP in SmartFTP:Follow the steps mentioned below to upload files for your website...
Configure SFTP in CuteFTP:Step I: Configuring your website: Follow the process described to...
What is SFTP, and how do I use an SFTP client to transfer files? The SSH File Transfer Protocol...
This article goes over connecting to a server via SFTP rather than FTP. To use FileZilla to...
Basic connection information The URL (web address) of the site you want to edit. This URL is...