Service Provisioning and Management
SmartFTP - SFTP Setup (ftp)
Configure SFTP in SmartFTP:
Follow the steps mentioned below to upload files for your website using the SmartFTP client:
- Open SmartFTP. Under the File menu, click New Remote Browser.
- Type in your domain name as Host. Also type in the FTP Username and Password. Make sure the Port is set to 2900. Click OK to connect to the server.
- IMPORTAN In case of websites hosted on ResellerClub's Linux Hosting Servers, uploading content is allowed only through SFTP. Hence, you need to choose the SFTP over SSH option from the Protocol drop-down menu.
- Once connected, you will be displayed a pane which lists all the files and folders under your website.
- Double-click the web folder to open it.
- Under the File menu, click New Local Browser. This will open another pane listing your local files and folders.
- Open the directory containing the files for your website..
- Select the files to upload and click Upload button to upload the files onto the web server.
Was this answer helpful?
FTP SFTP Clients For security reasons, MHS has switched toSFTP on Port 2900(Secure File Transfer...
This article goes over connecting to a server via SFTP rather than FTP. To use FileZilla to...
Configure SFTP in CuteFTP:Step I: Configuring your website: Follow the process described to...
Connecting via SFTP in Dreamweaver Customers utilizing DreamWeaver for site development and...