Service Provisioning and Management
CuteFTP - SFTP Setup (ftp)
Configure SFTP in CuteFTP:
Step I: Configuring your website: Follow the process described to configure CuteFTP:
- Open CuteFTP. In the menu, go to File -> New -> FTP Site. IMPORTANT In case of websites hosted on ResellerClub's Linux Hosting Servers, uploading content is allowed only through SFTP. Hence, you need to choose the SFTP (SSH2) Site option from the File -> New menu. Click here to know what is SFTP >>
- Enter your site details on the following page. For the Label, type anything to identify your site. For Host address, type in your domain name. Also type the Username and your Password for your domain name.
- Click OK. Under General FTP sites, you would now see the site you have just configured.
- If you are asked for a port #, use 2900
Enabling Active/Passive mode SFTP
Different modes of data connection can be used during SFTP.
There are two ways in which the data connection mode can be modified.
- A. Global Settings
- a. Under Tools menu, select Global Options.
- b. Under the Transfer section, change Data mode to PORT (Active mode) or PASV (Passive mode).
- Click OK to save the changes.
- This change will affect all the sites for whom the data connection mode was set by default.
- B. For Individual Sites
- Select the site from the General FTP Sites list, right-click and then click Properties.
- Under the Type tab, click the Data connection type drop-down menu.
- Choose User PASV for Passive mode and Use PORT for Active mode. Click OK to save the changes.
- The change is saved and active for future FTP sessions of this site.
Was this answer helpful?
Basic connection information The URL (web address) of the site you want to edit. This URL is...
Connecting via SFTP in Dreamweaver Customers utilizing DreamWeaver for site development and...
What is SFTP, and how do I use an SFTP client to transfer files? The SSH File Transfer Protocol...
FTP SFTP Clients For security reasons, MHS has switched toSFTP on Port 2900(Secure File Transfer...