Service Provisioning and Management
Filezilla - SFTP Setup (ftp)
This article goes over connecting to a server via SFTP rather than FTP.
To use FileZilla to connect to your account via SFTP, please follow these steps:
- First, download FileZilla Client and install the program on your local workstation. Once installed and launched you will see the quick connect bar across the top of the program.
- To connect to your server, enter the address of the server into the host field of the Quick connect bar. This can be the domain name or the IP address preceeded by sftp:// (i.e. sftp://mainehost.com ) If the domain does not point to the account with Maine Hosting yet, you will need to use either the temporary URL provided in the welcome email or the IP address provided in the setup email.
- Enter the cPanel Username and Password as listed in your Client Portal.
- Since you are connecting via SFTP, enter in port 2900 as the port.
- Click on Quick connect or press Enter to connect to the server. Once connected, you can transfer files to the server.
Was this answer helpful?
FTP SFTP Clients For security reasons, MHS has switched toSFTP on Port 2900(Secure File Transfer...
Basic connection information The URL (web address) of the site you want to edit. This URL is...
Connecting via SFTP in Dreamweaver Customers utilizing DreamWeaver for site development and...
How to Set Up Cyberduck SFTP client for Mac Download Cyberduck SFTP client for Mac from...