Service Provisioning and Management
Copying IMAP Email to Local Folder
Create a local folder
First you need to create a local folder to hold the mail you wish to copy locally:
- Open Outlook Express
- Selected File > New Folder...
- Result: The "Create Folder" window appears
- Name the folder
- Click on the location where you would like to create the new folder; *be sure it is within the "Local
- Result: Your new folder will appear in the folder listing
Move mail to the local folder
- Open the IMAP folder that contains the mail you wish to archive
- Select the message or messages you want to move or copy locally; you can use the ctrl-a keyboard shortcut to select all the messages in a folder
- Drag-and-drop method
- Drag the selected messages to the local folder you created above
- To copy messages rather than moving them you can hold down the ctrl key while dragging them to the local folder
- Alternative method
- left-click on the selected messages
- Choose Move to Folder from the pop-up menu
- From the folder listing select the folder you created above and click OK
- Result: The messages you selected are moved to the folder on your local machine
Messages you move to a local folder are no longer on the mail server. You should back them up in case of equipment failure. See: Backing Up Your Email for more information.
Repeat the steps as needed to move mail from multiple mailboxes on the server to your local machine, i.e.; Inbox, Sent, Trash, Drafts, etc..
Was this answer helpful?
The following article explains how to setup your Android to download email from your Hosting.com...
Visit this link:...
Setting up and managing your email accounts. You must first login to your account at:...
1. Login to the Client Area Portal Go to Client Area Portal If you forgot your Client Area...
Anybody who sends email has seen them, in one form or another - those SMTP error codes, often...