Service Provisioning and Management
How to change your WordPress Admin Username
Using the steps below, I'll show you how easy it is to add a new WordPress administrator user, delete your old non-secure default admin one, and then assign or attribute all of the old user's posts to your new secure user.
1. From the left-hand menu, hover overUsers, then click on Add New
2. Fill in all of the user fields with new info.
Then selectAdministratorfrom theRoledrop-down.
Finally click onAdd New User.
3. You should now see your new admin user you just created.
4. Hover overHowdy, adminat the top-right
Then click onLog Out
5. Now type in your new WordPress admin username and password and clickLog In
6. From the left-hand menu click onUsers
7. Prior to deleting your old admin user, we recommend you backup your WordPress database in cPanel just in case. Simply go to the Backup icon in your cPanel and select your Backup Wizard, click Backup > Full Backup > Perform Backup - Your done.
Hover over the oldadminuser, then clickDelete.
8.BE CAREFUL!Deleting your old WordPress admin user, without attributing its posts to your new admin user will delete all those posts!
Now select your new admin user from theAttribute all postsdrop-down, and click onConfirm Deletion.
9. You should now see the old admin user has been deleted, and you should only be left with the new administrator user, will all the old posts attributed to it.
That's it, you've now changed your WordPress login username.
Was this answer helpful?
You can not remove "Uncategorized" Category but you can rename it1. Login to your WordPress admin...
Learn how to fully manage your email in cPanel: adding emails, deleting emails, changing...
If you want to disable the filter for an individual email address or for your entire account, you...
MySQL Video Tutorial; assigning users, creating databases, phpMyAdmin and more...How to assign a...
The BEST way to move a WordPress Website is to use WP Clone:...