Service Provisioning and Management
* SFTP Basics Tutorial (FTP) - How to upload files. (Video Tutorials)
What is SFTP, and how do I use an SFTP client to transfer files?
The SSH File Transfer Protocol (also known as Secure FTP and SFTP) is a computing network protocol for accessing and managing files on remote file systems. SFTP also allows file transfers between hosts, similar to the SCP protocol. Unlike standard File Transfer Protocol (FTP), SFTP encrypt commands and data both, preventing passwords and sensitive information from being transmitted in the clear over a network.
SFTP clients are programs that use SSH to access, manage, and transfer files. SFTP clients are functionally similar to FTP clients, but they use different protocols. Consequently, you cannot use standard FTP clients to connect to SFTP servers, nor can you use clients that support only SFTP to connect to FTP servers. Graphical clients are available for SFTP, or you can use it from the command line on a Unix or Mac OS X computer.
What basics do I need to know when conguring an FTP Client to use SFTP?
Why do you not use regular FTP?
- Your domain name
- Port 2900 (This is VERY Important, we do NOT use Port 21)
- Be sure to set your client to use SFTP if there is a setting.
Answer: It's not secure, and never has been.
Click here for a list of FREE SFTP Clients
While these videos are geared towards FTP, please remember to use SFTP and Port 2900
- configuring your website in FTP Voyager.mp4
- configuring your website in CuteFTP.mp4
- configuring your website in FileZilla.mp4
- configuring your website in FlashFXP.mp4
- configuring your website in LeapFTP.mp4
- configuring your website in SmartFTP.mp4
- configuring your website in WinSCP.mp4
- configuring your website in WS FTP.mp4
- managing files in CuteFTP.mp4
- managing files in FileZilla.mp4
- managing files in FTP Voyager.mp4
- managing files in LeapFTP.mp4
- managing files in SmartFTP.mp4
- managing files in WinSCP.mp4
- managing files in WS_FTP.mp4
- setting your preferences in FlashFXP.mp4
- uploading files using CuteFTP.mp4
- uploading files using Filezilla.mp4
- uploading files using FlashFXP.mp4
- uploading files using FTP Voyager.mp4
- uploading files using LeapFTP.mp4
- uploading files using SmartFTP.mp4
- uploading files using WinSCP.mp4
- uploading files using WS FTP.mp4
Was this answer helpful?
Configure SFTP in SmartFTP:Follow the steps mentioned below to upload files for your website...
cPanel Video Tutorials to help you fully manage your website, email, and databases... how to add...
FTP SFTP Clients For security reasons, MHS has switched toSFTP on Port 2900(Secure File Transfer...
Installing the most current version of WordPress has never been easier with the Softaculous App...
Click Here to visit WooThemes Complete Set of Video Tutorials for WooCommerce