Introducing the R1Soft Web Hosting Account Backup Solution by Idera
Our system offers 45 Day Backups of your web hosting account with 90 Restore Points on every web hosting account. Proof that MHS continues to bring our customers the best solutions with NO additional costs.
Simply login to your cPanel, click on the R1Soft Restore Backups Icon and easily retrieve any, or all files on your account, anytime day or night.
- 45 Days, with 90 Restore Points of any file.
- Incremental backups are done at the block level instead of the file level.
- Scheduled server backups are nightly.
More info on The Best Web Hosting Backup System
- Who has to be PCI Compliant? Everyone who has any contact with credit card information, including websites which automatically transmit credit card data to an authorized gateway must be audited on a yearly basis and must submit PCI compliant quarterly reports.
- What is PCI compliance? It the adherence to the set of rules set forth by Visa, Master Card, American Express and others in the credit card industry.
- Their basic goal is for everyone who is accepting credit cards to follow the same set of standards to be sure that credit card information submitted by your client cannot get compromised in the process of handling their transaction with you.
- When do I need to be PCI Compliant? Different merchant providers are implementing PCI Compliance at different times. However, there is no better time to achieve this status, for your OWN Protection. Stolen credit card data can result in the lose of your merchant services, as well as impact your ability to apply for merchant services in the future.
- Where can I find a PCI Compliant web host? Right here! Our unique all-in-one approach addresses all aspects of eCommerce including PCI Compliance.
- E-commerce Software: Shopp or WooCommerce
- Security Certificate: 2048 Bit GlobalTurst SSL
- Server Environment: Full Intrusion Hardened
- PCI Compliance: ControlScan Verified
- Merchant Services: Cayan
- Payment Gateway: Authorize.net
- Antivirus Software: ClamAV, CSX, Sucuri
- Anti-spam software: Our Exclusive Anti-Spam Engine
- Web Application Firewall: Applicure
- Redundant Backups – R1Soft
- Secure FTP – sFTP
- Feature Packed Web Hosting
Call for a complete PCI Compliant Web Hosting Quote.
Call toll free 1-888-200-8008
Does the idea of improving your search engine rankings and offering your visitors better security sound like something you’re interested in?
What if we upped the ante and told you we now offer an SSL Cert for just $5.95/mo?
SSL certificates secure your website’s connection and boost its rankings in Google.
Yup, all of the benefits of SSL for just $5.95/mo!
Why should I get SSL on my website?
- As Dec 2016 73% of internet users use Chrome
- Since 2014 Google has given ranking preference to website using SSL
- Look at the information bellow on how the latest release of the Google Chrome Browser now shows if your website is secure or NOT.
What is a SSL Certificate?
Have you ever noticed how sometimes websites start with “http://” and then sometimes they start with “https://” and have a green padlock nearby? If you have, you’ve seen the end result of an SSL certificate. But what you haven’t seen is what goes on behind the scenes.
- SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. Essentially, SSL establishes an encrypted link between your web server and your visitor’s web browser. This ensures that all data passed between the two remains private and secure.
- With an unsecured HTTP connection, third-parties can snoop on any traffic passing between your reader’s browser and your web server. Obviously, this is a huge issue if you’re passing sensitive information like credit card numbers.
- But nowadays, many entities, including Google, are pushing to use secure HTTPS connections for all traffic, even things you might think are mundane.
Why Do You Need an SSL Certificate?
In general the internet is not a very secure place. Google has made the ultimate decision to help force all of us to get more secure with our websites. Starting on January 7th, 2017 Google rolled out an update to their Chrome Web Browser that drastically changes the way your URL shows up in the browser. An added benefit is that Google gives a search engine ranking boost to sites that use SLL. This added benefit alone is good reason to get your site secure.
If your website is not secure, and does NOT have an SSL Certificate this is what it looks like now:
Notice the Circle with the i. This was where your company logo, or Favicon use to show up.
If you click on the i you now get this warning:
You definitely do not want all of your users seeing that in their URL bar…
So, in addition to offering a benefit to your readers by securing their connection, you also have both a Google-provided carrot and stick to motivate you to use an SSL certificate for your site.
Are SSL Certificates Expensive?
What Are the Different Kinds?
There are a number of different SSL certificates you can choose from. Each offering various levels of trust.
GlobalSign Extended Validation SSL Certificate ($595/yr)
For example, Maine Hosting Solutions uses GlobalSign Extended Validation SSL Certificate, that’s how we get our company name next to the green padlock. EV SSL Certs are ($595/yr), but come with a $1.25 Million GlobalSign Underwritten Warranty. EV Certs are geared to organizations hat handle a high volume of user input data, user logins, credit card data etc…
GlobalSign DomainSSL Certificate ($175/yr or $14.95.mo)
Anti-Spam Engine uses a GlobalSign DomainSSL to get the green padlock, the level of certificate costs only $175/yr and comes with a $10,000 GlobalSign Underwritten Warranty. DomainSSL certs are geared toward eCommerce websites producing less than $100,000 in online annual sales.
Standard SSL Certificate ($59.95/yr or $5.95/mo)
Notice that Atlantic Limousine uses a Standard SSL Cert, but it looks identical to the more expensive GlobalSign DomainSSL Cert. The difference is that Standard SSL Certs do not have an underwritten warranty. Why? These certs are not for eCommerce sites, or sites that handle sensitive user data. Standard SSL Certs are for sites that need SSL to comply with Google SSL requirements and to aid in SEO Rankings. You an get Standard SSL Certs for just $5.95/mo on any MHS Hosting Plan.
How to Get a SSL Certificate from Maine Hosting Solutions?
If you’re just running a regular WordPress site and aren’t handling any super sensitive information (like credit cards), you can get a Standard DomainSSL Certificate from us for just $5.95/mo.
Order StandardSSL Cert Order DomainSSL Cert Order EV SSL Cert
Wrapping Things Up
Because of how Google is pushing SSL, it’s not something you can ignore. Right now, you’ve got the carrot of improved search rankings. But Google is showing they’re not afraid to use Google Chrome to “punish” sites who don’t move to SSL.
Given that you can now get an inexpensive SSL certificate from Maine Hosting, there’s no reason not to protect your visitors’ connections and boost your search engine rankings in the process.