Search engine optimization (SEO) is continually evolving.
The Evolution of SEO
Things that worked great in the past can trigger a ranking penalty today. Technology is always undergoing change and you have to make sure that you do the right things if you do not want to become obsolete tomorrow.
Here are some things that you can do to make sure that your business gets the best results from search engine optimization:
1. Accept that change is constant
- Change is the only constant in life. Six years ago, tablet computers did not exist. Today, you can buy tablet computers in different sizes, with different operating systems, from different manufacturers. For a company that sells computer related goods, it wasn’t necessary to have have high rankings for the keyword ‘tablet’. Today, there are many different ‘tablet’ key phrases that can deliver a high return-on-investment.
- To get lasting results, you have to watch trends. The words that are used by customers and prospects can change. Your business has to change when markets change. Ride the wave. Stopping it won’t work.
2. Watch your competitors and learn from them
- Innovation and evolution is necessary if you want to succeed. Several years ago, Apple just built computers. Nowadays, they compete with companies such as Spotify. Netflix competes with traditional TV. The companies who are your competitors can change.
- SEO tools can help you to monitor the activities of your competitors. For example, the Competitor Analyzer in WebSEO helps you to track of the SEO campaigns of your competitors. The Ranking Stats shows you the keywords and the pages with which your competitors are ranked on Google. The Link Profiler shows the links that point to the websites of your competitors.
- Competitive intelligence can give you an edge over your competition. The tools in SEOprofiler help you with that.
3. Think of the evolution of SEO as an ongoing process
- Markets change and search engine algorithms change. Search engine optimization is an ongoing process. If you do not keep up with the changes, you might waste your time with methods that do not work anymore. Even worse, you might use spammy techniques that trigger a penalty.
- Set realistic expectations if you want to get lasting results. It usually takes some months until you see the results of your SEO campaigns. If you conduct your SEO activities regularly, you will get high ranking pages that consistently remain at the top of the search results.
Just as Greek philosopher Heraclitus said:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.
If your website rankings have been damaged because of shady SEO techniques, try it again with a serious SEO tool that play by the rules.
The tools in WebSEO help you to get solid rankings at the top of the search result pages. If you haven’t done it yet, try WebSEO now.
Looking for professional SEO results? Take a look at the PRO SEO Packages that offer.