History of Maine Hosting Solutions
- Established in 1996 originally as zozo inc., aka SpiderNet Graphics. – Our first domain name: zozo.com – Common! It was the 90s!!! Emboss, drop shadows, animated gifs, they were all the rage!!!
Eosco Clock Works
- The first website built was zozo.com/ecw – Eosco Clock Works – Dan was trying to sell his custom clocks online, which went well for a while. What happened next changed the landscape of his future. People seemed to be more interested in the WEBSITE than the clocks. Gear shift; craftsman to webmaster (as we were called in 1996)
Maine Guides Online
- We started building websites for more Maine Guides, and more Maine Guides…
The First Office
- Finally moved from the Woolwich basement location to an office in downtown Bath, where we are still located today, expanded to 2nd and 3rd floors of 122 Front St. from a single shared office.
Getting a bit busy around here
- Dan reaches out to long time friend Benjamin Burden for help. Benjamin was a SpiderNet Graphics client and produced a print catalog for Cyr Auction Company at the time. Benjamin brings the print client with him for instant sustainability, and wealth of energy and knowledge that springs SNL forward.
Maine Hosting Solutions
- Benjamin never liked the name SpiderNet Graphics, convinced Dan of a name change and created our first logo and website – Maine Hosting Solutions – MaineHost.com
- Remember the black and yellow bumblebee website?
Acquisition of Comtel
- At the time this acquisition of 400 hosting accounts doubled the size of Maine Hosting Solutions
- And thus the introduction of the FIRST Employee!!
Jason Aarons Joins MHS
- Jason Aarons joins the team as “The Support Team”.
- Jason brought a wealth of knowledge of Linux with him and his great ability to debug even the most insane problems.
Tony Stanley Joins The Team as Lead Programmer
- Tony Stanley comes on board as our PHP Developer, back when everything was custom programmed.
- Tony evolves his skills over the years to become one the finest programmers in the industry.
Wes Highfill Joins The Team as Lead Designer
- After having a couple of designers on the team Wes Highfill joins us as our Lead Designers.
- To this day he still creates one of kind designs that are aimed to please the most discerning customers.
Linda Cook Joins the MHS Team as CFO
- Linda, among her other talents, has an extensive background in bookkeeping and accounting.
- In addition to keeping us on track, as a Domain Specialist she has helped hundreds of domain name owners regain control and ownership of their domain names.
- Don’t mess with Linda.
Acquisition of Ace of Space
- Dan and Ben sign papers in a tent to solidify funding to acquire Ace of Space out of Vancouver, British Columbia.
- This acquisition more than doubles the client base and paves the way to the Canadian market.
Dave Koenig Joins The Team as Operations Manager
- Dave handles much of the day-to-day operations here at Maine Hosting Solutions. He has an extensive training background and has been working with and providing training in WordPress here for over four years. Dave also oversees our acquisitions team and support departments.
- Having been an explosives ordnance detonation expert in the military he is very good at defusing crisis situations that arise in our varying data centers.
Acquisition of GWI’s Web Hosting Division
- MHS acquires all of Great Works Internet’s web hosting accounts.
- Through the fall of 2011 we engaged in a whole new branding process.
- After several months of A/B testing we launched our new branding. New colors, new logo, new look and feel!
Acquisition of Autograff Hosting
- MHS acquires Autograff Hosting, a long time reseller of MHS that wanted to move away from the hosting industry to concentrate on design. We see this as a trend in coming years with several resellers.
SEO Masters Certification
- Dan and Tony complete their SEO Masters Certification via MOZ
Acquisition of 1 to All Hosting
- MHS acquires 1 to All Hosting out of Chicago, a WordPress Hosting and WordPress Managed Services provider.
Acquisition of HyperMedia
- MHS acquires HyperMedia, a locally owned web design firm based out of Freeport, Maine.