Is your SEO campaign delivering the results that you expect? Or are your campaigns underperforming? There are several things that you can do to make sure that search engine optimization works for your website.
There can be several reasons why your SEO campaign isn’t a success yet:
Step 1 to a Successful SEO Campaign:
Set the right goals
- If your website doesn’t have many high rankings yet then you cannot expect that Google will display your site on the first result page for keywords such as “mp3” or other very competitive one-word keywords.
- You have to start with more targeted keyphrases first. Optimize your pages for many different keywords with lower competition. The more high rankings your website has for keywords with lower competition, the more likely it is that your website will also get high rankings for more competitive keywords that belong to the same topic.
- It’s like running a marathon. You have to run smaller distances first before you can run the full 26 miles and 385 yards.
Step 2 to a Successful SEO Campaign:
Be serious about your success
- Search engine optimization isn’t set-and-forget. It takes some time to make things happen. Search engine optimization is an investment into your company and it should be treated like that.
- If all you do to ‘promote’ your website is to submit it to search engines then you won’t be successful. You have to invest time and effort into the optimization of your site. Tools can help you to save a lot of this time and effort but you still have to work with your site.
Step 3 to a Successful SEO Campaign:
Focus on the right elements and get the basics right
- Some webmasters are obsessed with the length of the title tag. Others submit their website every few days to search engines. Other webmasters insist that a particular part of their website links must use the rel=nofollow attribute.
- You don’t have to chase the latest search engine optimization trend. These trend topics usually make the difference between position 8 and position 9. If your website isn’t listed on the first result page at all, you have to get the basics right.
- The most important factors that will get your website on Google’s first result page are optimized web pages with good content and good backlinks.
Step 4 to a Successful SEO Campaign:
Choose the right keywords
- Keywords are very important. If you choose the wrong keywords, you will waste a lot of time and money.
- The best keywords for your website are not the keywords with the biggest search volume. The best keywords also aren’t the keywords that will boost your ego and it’s also not the “obvious” keywords that will work best for SEO.
- The best keywords for SEO are the keywords that deliver targeted visitors who will buy. It does not matter if a keyword has thousands of searches. If none of the visitors who find your site through that keyword will buy, then this keyword won’t do you any good.
Step 5 to a Successful SEO Campaign:
Get the right kind of backlinks
- It’s not necessary to have thousands of backlinks if you want to get high rankings on Google. Your website just needs the right backlinks. Automatic links from link building schemes don’t work. Actually, that kind of links can even get you in trouble with Google.
- You must get the right kind of backlinks to succeed.